Data Engineer - BIG DATA
- Big Data (1.2B+ records across 60m+ unique identifiers/month)
- Play with AWS S3, Redshift, Kinesis, RDS, Hadoop, EMR, Storm, Spark, python, R programming and plenty of other cool tools
- Working knowledge in BI and reporting tools like Tableau, SSRS, Jasper Reports, QlikView, etc.
- Join our smart and empowered high-achieving team
As our Data Engineer you will be responsible for the development of Data Analysis tools, analytics reporting and real-time analysis systems across the News network portfolio. You will work closely with Agile development teams to create products based on analytics and big data, informed by the head of targeted advertising and Data Platform director. You will join a our team of highly skilled engineers who are experts in BIG DATA science.
As our Data Engineer you will possess the following skills and experience:
- 3 to 6 years proven career history in Data Warehouse, Data Analysis, or Data science engineering
- Experience using and maintaining AWS environments for data analysis and data processing
- Good knowledge in SQL, Google Big Query, Google Cloud, Data Pipeline
- Should have extensively worked in ETL data processing and migration.
- Good knowledge in Data Modelling
- Good working knowledge in R, Spark, or Python
- Considerable knowledge in Java & EMR highly regarded
- A solid understanding and practical experience using Clustered technologies
- Experience with working with Log processing tools, report creation and scheduling
- You will show initiative and drive by putting forward new ideas
- Excellent communication skills
- Very enthusiastic and self-motivated with a desire to succeed
- Highly skilled, creative and well versed in working to strict deadlines
- Experience working within medium to large enterprise environment
- Any previous experience working on Angular, Node JS, and D3 will be highly advantageous
- Exposure to Graph DB technologies desirable but not essential