We are looking for an experienced WordPress developer to join our friendly and hard-working web team. You'll be enthusiastic with a positive attitude; dedication and willingness to work hard, sometimes under high production pressure.
Role & Responsibilities
- WordPress theme and plugin development.
- WordPress sites management that includes:
- Migrating WordPress sites from one server to another as needed (mostly using scripts).
- Deployment automation, continuous integration(Jenkins) and customised Git-based workflow.
- Performance monitoring and debugging.
- Backup, security, monitoring, altering scripts/tools setup and maintenance.
- Working on WP-CLI.
- Familiarity with WP-CLI commands and usage.
- Writing custom WP-CLI commands in (PHP programming language).
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Writing scripts, executing test cases and debugging.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Strong knowledge of WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Good knowledge of relational databases(MySQL), version control tools and of developing web services
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Strong Linux administration including decent scripting knowledge (Bash/Python).
- Familiarity with Docker, Vagrant, Ansible.
- Cloud computing platform – Amazon AWS,RDS, Google Cloud.
- Working with a variety of monitoring platforms, preferably New Relic.
- Basic knowledge of CDN setup and maintenance (AWS Cloudfront).
- A solid understanding of revision control systems such as git.
- BE degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject