5 years to 9 Years
This role will be responsible for the enterprise server platforms hosted in the company’s data centres. The enterprise servers all the major business applications, including publishing applications.
As part of the Infrastructure team, the candidate will offer a wealth of experience across the Enterprise, with excellent knowledge of other Infrastructure technologies such as AWS cloud, Linux.
- Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
- AWS Cloud Formation
- Puppet and / or Chef Configuration Management
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7
- Red Hat satellite and SMT
- Perl /Bash /Ruby scripting
You are a multi skilled Cloud Linux engineer. You also have a broad set of IT skills gained over a minimum 5 years working in an enterprise IT organisation. You are experienced in implementing, securing, supporting and upgrading enterprise infrastructure, ensuring the infrastructure which runs corporate applications are correctly monitored and highly available as required.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, motivation, as well as excellent problem solving capability.
- Strong time and task management skills
- Ideally educated to degree level, with a strong technical and service management background.
- ITIL certification or other service management framework experience, including working with ITIL based Service processes and functions such as Change, Incident, Problem and Transition.
- Strong customer management skills, including the ability to resolve disputes to mutual satisfaction.
- Good documentation skills to present in any internal or external technical review forums and report writing skills
- Ensure effective management of any outsourced services and functions through Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and contracts.
- Respond to, and satisfactorily resolve, any escalated customer issues or concerns.
- Work with other Technology teams to identify possible service improvements and implement these through the Change Management process.
- Responsibility for working with the Service Owners on routine testing of backup, resiliency, and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Work successfully with on and off shore team members to provide the best overall working structure.
- Infrastructure team
- Service Delivery team
- Application/Service Managers
- 3rd Party Support Partners
- Transition Management
- Problem Management
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Vendor Management
- Project / Programme Managers
- Must be prepared to respond to major incidents relating to infrastructure outages at short notice and outside of normal working hours.
- Must be willing to work rotational shifts.
- Must be prepared to work on weekends to cover Infrastructure changes.