6 to 10 Years
This role will be responsible for the enterprise server platforms hosted in the
company’s data centres. The enterprise servers serves all the major business
applications, including publishing applications and SAP.
On a day-to- day basis, this role will be responsible for providing 3rd-line
support for all the servers across multiple data centres, as well as assistance in
the general strategic objectives of Technology.
As part of the Infrastructure team, the candidate will offer a wealth of experience
across the Enterprise, with excellent knowledge of other Infrastructure
technologies such as Microsoft Platform Services, Cisco UCS Servers, VMware
vSphere and CommVault Backup.
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2
- Active Directory
- Windows PowerShell Scripting.
- VMware vSphere 5.5 and 6
- VCenter Server
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware Update Manager
- VMware PowerCLI
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator
- Cisco UCS Hardware – UCS Manager
- FI, B200 Blade, UCS Central, UCS Director.
- HP ProLiant BladeSystem ( 7000/OA/Flex Fabric/Virtual Connect)
- HP BL Server Hardware ( BL 460 Gen 8/9 Blade )
- HP ProLiant DL ( DL 360/380 Gen 7/8/9 )
2. Additional Knowledge:
- HP One View, SIM, SUM
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2012 R2)
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM 2012)
- Endpoint Antivirus / Symantec Antivirus
- Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
- NetApp Storage
- HP EVA and MSA Storage
- Working knowledge of networking, routing and VLANs
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies - Amazon Web Services and
- Working knowledge of SAN and NAS storage technologies
- Good understanding of Internet based technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP,
- Service Management tools – BMC Remedy
- Understanding of a industry leading monitoring tools
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning infrastructure to provide a highly
- Strong understanding of enterprise architecture, system availability and disaster
You are a multi skilled Systems Administrator, preferably with exposure to a
variety of technologies. You also have a broad set of IT skills gained over a
minimum 2 years working in an enterprise IT organization. You are experienced
in implementing; securing, supporting and upgrading enterprise infrastructure,
ensuring the infrastructure, which runs corporate applications, are correctly
monitored and highly available as required.
1.Able to work in a fast paced environment.
2.Able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, motivation, as well as excellent
problem solving capability.
3.Strong time and task management skills
Ideally educated to degree level, with a strong technical and service management
4.ITIL certification or other service management framework experience,
including working with ITIL based Service processes and functions such as
Change, Incident, Problem and Transition.
5.Strong customer management skills, including the ability to resolve disputes to
6.Good documentation skills to present in any internal or external technical
7.Good communication and report writing skills
8.Ensure effective management of any outsourced services and functions
through Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and contracts.
9.Respond to, and satisfactorily resolve, any escalated customer issues or
10.Work with other Technology teams to identify possible service improvements
and implement these through the Change Management process.
11.Responsibility for working with the Service Owners on routine testing of
backup, resiliency, and disaster recovery scenarios.
12.Work successfully with on and off shore team members to provide the best
overall working structure.
2.Service Delivery team
4.3rd Party Support Partners
10.Project / Program Managers
1.Must be prepared to respond to major incidents relating to infrastructure
outages at short notice and outside of normal working hours.
2.Must be willing to work in UK hours.
3.Must be prepared to work very early mornings to cover the change window.